The Marin Lutheran Church Council is the governing body of our church. They meet once a month (second Monday) at 7:00pm in the Conference Room. You are welcome and invited to attend their meetings.
Highlights of Recent Council Meeting/s
September 2019 Council Meeting Highlights:
- Tom Schmidt presented his and Ross’ research on selling a parcel of our property. Council will pursue this in the new year.
- Parish hall bathroom renovation is scheduled to begin September 23rd.
- October council meeting moved to October 7th at 7:00pm.
- Approval of lease agreement with Evlaleah Howard of Iyengar Health Institute and call for special congregational meeting on Sept.22 to approve funds from Thrivent Credit Line to make improvements to the property.
Special Congregational Meeting on 9/22/19
A special congregational meeting was called at the close of worship on Sunday, September 22nd.
- Voted to approve using up to $50,000 from Thrivent Credit Line to make renovations to lower level of church building and for repairs/renovations to corner offices following water damage 3years ago.
- Repayment of loan to be completed in 2-4 years. 2-year repayment requires 100% rent for loan payments, whereas 4-year repayment will allow for partial rent to go to operating expenses. Annual ministry plans to outline repayment.
Marin Lutheran Church Constitution
PUT A NAME TO A FACE
Our pastor and council members would love to hear from you. Please feel free to reach out and contact them if you have questions, concerns or suggestions.
John Lacy / Vice President, Cheri Houts / Council Member at Large, Rev. Tom Gable / Pastor, Sue Southgate / Council Member at Large, Ann Marymor / President
Not pictured: Tricia Friedman / Council Member at Large, Michael Rosendahl / Council Member at Large, Jim Kamphoefner / Finance