The Marin Lutheran Church Council is the governing body of our church. They meet once a month (second Monday) at 7:00pm in the Conference Room. You are welcome and invited to attend their meetings.
Highlights of Recent Council Meeting/s
November 2019 Council Meeting Highlights:
- 2018 audit complete – thank you to Michael Rosendahl, Lorri Reinders and Gregg Mattner for completing the audit.
- Downstairs corner office of the church building to be designated as “shared space” with new tenant.
- Property pre-requested approval of $10,000 from Memorial Funds to replace furnace and update some of the ducts next time the furnace fails. Our renovation is going well.
- October financial report: Giving in October was $9,000 behind our ministry plan. It was one of the lowest giving months of the year, when usually October giving trends up! Giving shortfall for the year increased to $27,000. Finance is tasked with sending a letter to the congregation asking for special year-end gifts to help close the giving deficit.
- Reviewed initial proposed budget for 2020 to be presented at annual meeting on January 26, 2020.
- Looking ahead – Mission Driven Capital Campaign to conclude with 2023 MLC 75th Anniversary
Marin Lutheran Church Constitution
PUT A NAME TO A FACE
Our pastor and council members would love to hear from you. Please feel free to reach out and contact them if you have questions, concerns or suggestions.
John Lacy / Vice President, Cheri Houts / Council Member at Large, Rev. Tom Gable / Pastor, Sue Southgate / Council Member at Large, Ann Marymor / President
Not pictured: Tricia Friedman / Council Member at Large, Michael Rosendahl / Council Member at Large, Jim Kamphoefner / Finance